The mission of the Harper School Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is to provide education-related support and services to Harper faculty and staff.
Specifically, the PTO’s objectives are:
- To provide services to the school that will enhance the educational climate;
- To improve communication between home, school, and District 39;
- To provide information regarding PTO Committee policies and budgets;
- To provide financial and other volunteer support for the activities and needs of the school; and
- To increase understanding of children and their education, in order to guarantee the best education possible for our children.
The Harper School PTO has bi-monthly meetings at school (with coffee!) to hear from our principal, teacher representative, guest speakers and each other. We also discuss ways in which we can make an impact on the programs, tools and environment with which our children interact.
All parents are welcome to all General Board meetings.
The Executive Board oversees and manages the work of the PTO General Board in its pursuit of the objectives stated above. The Board is comprised of the following individuals: the Principal, the President, the President-Elect, the Secretary, the Treasurer, the Room Parent Co-Chairs, the Ways and Means Co-Chairs, the Student Enrichment Co-Chairs, the Communications Chair and the Communications Assistant Chair. These individuals are each responsible for working closely with specific PTO committees to ensure that these committees are furthering the PTO’s objectives. The Executive Board is solely responsible for the appropriation and expenditure of funds to support PTO activities for the benefit of Harper School.
The Executive Board meets at least once a month.