This summer The Village of Wilmette has been working hard on the Thornwood Stormwater Project. HERE is a full informational handout that discuses the back to school plan and how it impacts Harper. A few highlights:
- Sidewalks are open on Hunter Road
- Greenwood Ave is the official walking route to get to Harper! All students coming from the East of Harper should use Greenwood Ave
- Thornwood between Dartmouth and Hunter is closed to pedestrian and car traffic
- No large trucks will be entering Thornwood Park during drop-off and pick-up
- Crossing guard locations (Illinois and Iroquois, Lake and Hunter, Hunter and Greenwood, Greenwood and Dartmouth). There will be construction flaggers at Thornwood and Dartmouth.
- There will no longer be crossing guards at Elmwood and Dartmouth. All students should be walking to school via Greenwood.
- Drivers (parents, grandparents, babysitters, nannies, etc.) – PLEASE stay off your phone from the time you enter carline on Kenilworth until the time you’ve completed carline and are blocks passed the school. Harper students and their families are walking to and from school. Please show caution and yield to pedestrians.
** Reminder: to enter the carpool line, you must use Kenilworth Avenue